Monday, April 12, 2021

Back to the Wailling Caverns in Classic Warcraft


Inside the WC instance with the PUG


Flying to meet the group from Undercity 


What do you mean I have to wait a half hour to get into b.g.? Put me in now WG Battlemaster!



I am on vacation from the work grind all of this week! So you know what that means? I can give some love to the Nexus and catch up on all of the pending projects.

Last night, knowing I did not have to be up early for work this morning, I logged on to Classic wow and was surprised to discover (thanks to a Facebook post I made a year prior) that I had completely forgotten that I had a level 18 undead warrior on the Smolderweb pvp server. 

I had been playing on Herod for a while because that is the server where my friend was leveling his toons, but I was glad to rediscover Rotting Brain the warrior and promptly proceeded to try and get him to the requisite 19th level. I am not sure if he has the right gear to make him viable for b.g.s but I queued in for Warsong Gulch nonetheless! There was a 22 minute average wait time! 

So while I waited I thought it would be fun to quest around the Undercity areas and kill some mobs, maybe I would pick up a PUG while chatting with the guildies. I belong to the "Devil's Advocate" guild on the server and surprisingly, I was not booted during my almost year long absence, although most of the guild members had long achieved max level.

I got an invite to run WC and since I wasn't having that much luck leveling through the b.gs. (I think I only got into one which we promptly lost to Alliance due to their team being a group of 19 twinks that seemed OP AF.) I decided to take them up on running the long dungeon. It was fun mowing down through multiple mobs and best of all I leveled up like a level and a half, only falling short of my goal due to the lateness of the hour. We wiped twice and the last time was the most frustrating one because we were down to the final boss. One minute the entire group was there and I was hacking and slashing at the feet of the massive monster but when I looked, I had not even noticed that most of the group was dead and without a healer it was only going to be a matter of time, LOL but we came so close!

D&D 3.5 update

I made another video for my youtube channel. This one is focused on the 3.5 classes since we are playing that ruleset in our current campaign. Nothing comprehensive, just a simple breakdown of some of the characteristics and mechanics for some of those races and classes, Barbarian, Wizard and rogue this time because that is what we have currently in our group, though we hope to be adding a cleric. If nothing else, we plan to have our DM take over the role of the healer while she also referees and runs our current game. To that end I plan to get very familiar with those classes, their mechanics and their available skills and feats.







No comments:

Post a Comment

4th edition spell casters for Dungeons and Dragons

 I am getting better and better at using my video editing software. Maybe one day I will invest in a better rig and a better software packag...